Difficulty rating: For rookies Serves: 4 people
The ideal BBQ salad! Creamy and carby, with a sweet and smoky kick, this salad really hits the spot. If you're looking for an especially tempeh-licious meal, why not also add our BBQ Ribz and sweet potato fries?
Recipe by Better Nature
- 150g (1 pack) of our Sweet & Smoky Rashers
- 1 tsp of oil for cooking
- 5 white potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 50g chives, finely chopped
- 3 tbsps vegan mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to your taste
- Add the potatoes to a large saucepan, covering them with water. Bring the water to the boil and keep boiling until the potatoes for about 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Let the potatoes cool for 20 minutes, until they're at room temperature. Add the red onion, chives and vegan mayonnaise and toss until thoroughly covered.
- Heat the 1 tsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the rashers and cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned. Once cooked, finely slice.
- Add the rashers to the potato salad and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Serve up and enjoy!