Difficulty rating: For rookies Serves: 2 people
Indulgent? Tick. Nutritious? Tick. Enjoy the rich, meaty bite of the Kebab Strips, the carby goodness of the chips and the freshness of the salad!
Recipe by Better Nature
- 180g (1 pack) of our Shawarma-spiced Kebab Strips
- 5 tsp oil for cooking
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 white potatoes (we use Maris Piper), finely sliced into chips
- 80g gem lettuce, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 head red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g fresh parsley, sliced
- 100g vegan yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small lemon, squeezed
- Heat the oven to 180ºC. Place the sliced potatoes onto a baking tray, covering with 4 tsps of oil and 1 pinch of salt, and into the oven. Cook for 45 minutes, until thoroughly browned.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the strips and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the parsley, vegan yoghurt, garlic, red onion and lemon together to form a smooth consistency.
- Add the red cabbage, olive oil, lemon and salt together in a bowl and toss thoroughly.
- Plate up the lettuce, tomato and cucumber, followed by the cabbage mixture, the strips and the chips. Drizzle with the yoghurt dressing. Serve up and enjoy!