- 180g (1 pack) of our Traditional & Tender Roast Bites
- 5 tsp oil for cooking
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 white potatoes (we use Maris Piper), finely sliced into chips
- Rosemary, to garnish
- 50g vegan butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 240ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 480ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- Heat the oven to 180ºC. Place the sliced potatoes onto a baking tray, covering with 4 tsps of oil and 1 pinch of salt, and into the oven. Cook for 45 minutes, until thoroughly browned.
- Add the vegan butter to a saucepan and let it melt. Then add the chopped onions and garlic and fry in the butter until very soft and translucent.
- Mix the flour and a little of the coconut milk together and mix it into a paste. Then add the rest of the coconut milk to the paste and whisk it in so that the flour and coconut milk is well combined and free of lumps.
- Then add the flour and coconut milk mix to the saucepan along with the soy sauce and vegetable stock and whisk together.
- Bring to the boil, whisking constantly and then let it boil for a few minutes until it thickens. You don’t need it to get very thick, because you want it to be a nice pourable consistency. Add some black pepper and then sea salt to taste.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the bites and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve up the chips and bites, and generously drizzle with the gravy. Garnish with some rosemary. Enjoy!
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do! We'd love to hear/see how you got on with it, so please share an image and tag us on Instagram!