The classic way to serve up our ribz - juicy, sticky and sweet BBQ Ribz on a bed of creamy mash. The perfect comfort food!
180g (1 pack) of our Southern-style BBQ Ribz Sticky
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 200g passata
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tsps paprika
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 6-8 medium white potatoes (we use Maris Piper), peeled and chopped
- 5-6 cloves raw or roasted garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 40g vegan butter
- Add the potatoes to a large saucepan, covering them with water. Bring the water to the boil and keep boiling until the potatoes for about 20 minutes, until they are very easy to slice with a knife.
- Heat the ribz in a preheated oven at 150ºC (gas mark 2) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat the oil for the BBQ sauce in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the pan until lightly browned.
- Add the passata, tomato puree, agave syrup, paprika, balsamic vinegar and vegan Worcestershire sauce. Heat the sauce until it comes to the boil.
- Let the sauce mixture cool for 10 minutes, then blend it until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Once the potatoes are ready, use a potato masher or a fork to mash them up, before adding in the salt, pepper, garlic and vegan butter. Keep mixing the mash until a smooth consistency forms.
- Serve up the ribz and mash, and drizzle the BBQ sauce on top. Enjoy!
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do! We'd love to hear/see how you got on with it, so please share an image and tag us on Instagram!