Difficulty rating: For rookies Serves: 2 people
Tucking into this in public is a recipe for disaster. But an indulgent, delicious, moreish disaster which is the best kind!
Recipe by Better Nature
- 180g (1 pack) of our Southern-style BBQ Ribz
- 2 burger buns
- 100g of pickled gherkins, finely sliced
- 100g of red cabbage, finely sliced
STICKY BBQ SAUCE:
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 200g passata
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tsps paprika
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the oil for the BBQ sauce in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the pan until lightly browned.
- Add the passata, tomato puree, agave syrup, paprika, balsalmic vinegar and vegan Worcestershire sauce. Heat the sauce until it comes to the boil.
- Let the sauce mixture cool for 10 minutes, then blend until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Heat the ribz in a preheated oven at 150ºC (gas mark 2) for 10 to 12 minutes. Alternatively, heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan over medium heat, add in the Ribz and cook for 4 minutes, turning occasionally until browned.
- Add the ribz to the buns, along with the pickles and cabbage, and drizzle the BBQ sauce on top. Serve and enjoy!