- 300g (2 packs) of our Sweet & Smoky Rashers
- 3 tsp of oil for cooking
- 240g of dried spaghetti or linguine
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley and vegan parmesan, to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (gluten-free if preferred)
- 2 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon black salt (also called kala namak), use regular salt if preferred
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. When hot add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onion turns translucent and begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle over the flour and stir to coat the onions, let cook for about 60 seconds, then whisk in all of the remaining ingredients. Cook the sauce for about 5 minutes until thickened, whisking as needed. If the sauce gets too thick, add a splash more non-dairy milk, and if the sauce is too thin, simply cook it longer.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add in the courgettes and cook either side for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the rashers and cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned. Once slightly cooled, crumble up the rashers.
- Add the cooked pasta and crumbled tempeh rashers to the sauce and toss well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley and vegan parmesan if desired.
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do! We'd love to hear/see how you got on with it, so please share an image and tag us on Instagram!