Yep, we went there. Christmas without compromise to the max. All the delicious, meaty turkey goodness, but totally plant-based, all-natural and nutritious. Dreams do come true!
- 2 x 200g Better Nature Organic Tempeh, sliced into thick chunks or slices to your liking
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 4 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Add the water, liquid smoke, mustard, rosemary, thyme, sage leaves and garlic to a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly until combined.
- Place the tempeh chunks into a roasting dish, before pouring the marinade on top of them.
- Place the tempeh in the fridge to marinade, preferably overnight but 2-3 hours is sufficient if necessary. Turn over the tempeh pieces at least a couple of times to ensure they soak up the marinade evenly.
- Remove the tempeh chunks from the marinade, generously brushing them with olive oil and place them in a new roasting dish.
- Roast the tempeh at 180-200°C (160-180°C fan) for 10 minutes on one side, then flip and roast for a further 10 minutes on the other side.
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do! We'd love to hear/see how you got on with it, so please share an image and tag us on Instagram!