(London, UK - preferred)
As Ecommerce Manager, you will be responsible for Better Nature’s core digital customer acquisition and retention channels, from strategy to delivery. Our current channels include our website, Amazon, Facebook and Instagram, Google and our newsletter. As Ecommerce Manager, you will be tasked to improve these channels but may also be expected to explore new opportunities for the business to acquire and retain customers. You will need to have prior experience in handling these channels and your role will be to lead your own work streams and work closely with all business units (Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, Business Development) to build upon our existing activities and introduce new methods to increase brand awareness, customer love and revenue.
As a senior member of the team, working directly with our co-founders and especially closely with the Marketing and Sales teams, you will play a critical role in our growth. You will have ownership over all aspects of channel development and will be responsible for channel performance. You should have proven experience delivering growth, driving customer acquisition, reducing CAC’s, and building revenue in a fast-paced business. A deep understanding of full funnel growth hacking is essential, as is a passion for our mission and a growth mindset - one that is consistently driven by self-improvement.
To be clear, we don’t require 10+ years of experience - as long as you can prove that you have the right mindset, are passionate about the work that we do and are a real team player, we will make sure you are supported to become the best in your field from Day 1.
- Drive the acquisition and retention strategy and performance, with a focus on our core channels.
- Analyse and report on acquisition and retention against business KPIs, delivering insights and recommendations to help drive new and existing customer revenue across the business.
- Monitor channel and campaign performance on a regular basis, working with the Marketing team to make proactive campaign optimisations with a data-first approach.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Sales teams to continually improve messaging, creative, and user experience to improve customer engagement, conversion rate, and reorder rate.
- Work with the Sales team to identify growth opportunities and implement new revenue streams to drive sales across the customer base i.e. influencer, email and referral marketing.
- Handle customer service queries through our website to best understand the needs of our customers and to implement solutions to maximise customer satisfaction.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in D2C acquisition and retention (e.g. with SEO, CRO and paid marketing channels).
- Expert knowledge, and proven track record, of growing a customer base (preferably in the e-commerce space; email marketing and referrals are optional but desirable).
- History of developing, executing, optimising and measuring campaigns with a range of objectives (i.e. brand awareness, acquisition, reengagement, retention, referral), under the guidance of a wider Marketing Strategy.
- Confidence in evaluating campaign performance and experiments over a range of acquisition and retention KPIs and reporting back to key stakeholders.
- Excellent data and analytical skills, with strong statistical knowledge and proficiency in data analysis and visualisation tools (proficient in at least Google Analytics and Excel. Experience with Python, R and other data tools are desirable).
- A highly analytical mindset, with a focus on testing and analysing data to improve performance and make data-driven decisions - i.e. a strong ability to dissect a problem into its components, identify bottlenecks, formulate data-driven hypotheses, setup AB tests (simple, redirect, multivariate), ensure statistical validity, analyse results and clearly report them to stakeholders.
- Highly empathetic, with a strong understanding of customers and how they feel/behave. Experienced using qualitative tools like surveys, interviews and Hotjar, accompanied by a demonstrable knowledge and passion for behavioural psychology.
- Basic/intermediate knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS to effectively delegate coding tasks to developers, or make minor changes without relying on others. An understanding of how Liquid works and experience using APIs to setup automation flows are desirable but optional skills.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of CRM tools such as HubSpot and Klaviyo.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment driving high growth.
- Comfortable with accountability and managing your own work streams autonomously, while contributing to building the team culture and processes.
- £42K base salary p.a. with scope for this to grow quickly over time depending on performance - we typically review salaries every 6 months.
- Share options - exact amount TBD but not less than 30% of base salary. Based on our last funding round and our anticipated valuation of our Series-A, the value of these options could increase 3.5X in the next 2 years.
- Free mental health support and wellbeing resources powered by Spill.
- 25 days of paid annual leave (including 24th Dec - 1st Jan off) + UK bank holidays.
- Flexible working - work from home or the office, it’s up to you!
- The opportunity to bring your true-self to work, lead your own work streams, have complete ownership over our digital growth strategy and develop along with the business.
- To become one of our Superbeans, working with like-minded passionate people in a fun and exciting work environment, and to help to create a world that does not compromise on people, the planet or animals.
If you believe that this role is perfect for you and can see yourself working and thriving at Better Nature, please send across the following:
1) A one-page cover letter detailing your personal motivations for the role and the experience that you can bring on Day 1 to the job. Please prove why you deserve to be our Ecommerce Manager and illustrate the impact that you’ve had at previous relevant roles.
2) A portfolio of your work - whether it be a LinkedIn/Angel.co profile or perhaps your own website - that illustrates your background or the work that you are capable of doing.
3) A list of 3 colleagues and managers at previous (ideally relevant) roles to be used as references. Please include their name and contact details (email and phone) and don’t worry - we will only call them with your approval and after our initial conversation!
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Upon submission, we will return to you within 3 working days with a decision as to whether or not we’d like to proceed with your application. If your application is successful, we’d love to get to know you better!
The first step would be an interview to get to understand you as a person, your motivations, your background, and what you feel you can contribute to Better Nature. This is also an opportunity to get to know the business from Christopher Kong and Elin Roberts, two of our co-founders and Head of Business Development and Marketing respectively, so please prepare any questions that you’d like answered!
Following that, you’ll be set a task to show-off your technical prowess. This task will be short and don’t worry, you will be adequately compensated for your effort.
Finally, we’d love for you to meet the rest of the co-founding team so that you have an opportunity to truly understand who we are as individuals (and vice versa!) and how we operate as a business. You’ll be introduced to our culture, our belief systems, our ways of working and our vision for the business. At this stage, we’ll be in position to give you a definite hiring decision within 24-48 hours of the interview and send you our formal terms of employment.
We cannot wait to meet you and to onboard you into our Superbean Squad.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Our team of Superbeans xx